Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pinterest, Pinterest, watches-moi sur mon Pinterest...

I felt it was coming, and am so happy it's here...a week about PINTEREST!

I love Pinterest; a few of my closest friends and I love it so much that one of their partners created a song making fun of our obsession (see title for first line).

I have used and continue to use Pinterest for so many things: meal inspirations, workouts for when I played roller derby, preparations for my BFF's baby shower, programming ideas, funny pictures of cute animals, etc. Here's a peek at a few of my boards (I'm not kidding around):






Due to the personal nature of some of my boards, I hesitate to share my personal account. HOWEVER, I have been working on the Moncton Public Library's account over the past year or so. I believe Pinterest is a good, visual medium to promote our collection and services, and share what's great about libraries in general. Simply put, it's fun. Our account seems to be a split of programming inspiration for employees and promotion to our patrons. I created a new board displaying some of the fun things we do at the library via pictures I took. What do you think? Any boards you think we should add? What's your favourite board?

New York Public Library, unsurprisingly, has some fun and creative boards, my favourite being  What's on the Menu? 

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to share photos of your library's activities! Adding original content helps keep Pinterest interesting.

    ReplyDelete