Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Scoopin' it Up

I appreciate the concept of content curation; I love Pinterest (see week 5 ), and like the organizational/visual aspect of content curation.

And so I was curious to explore Scoop.It further than surface level. When I'm at work, I consult LibraryLinks on a daily basis, as well as Professional Development and Aboriginal Links; aside from the blogs and newsfeeds that I usually follow, it is a great source of library-related news.

The interface is very busy, and using it is not entirely intuitive at first, but after a while, I got. I created two topics relevant to my interest in public libraries: reaching out (outreach and promotion of the library and its services to the community) and learning spaces (such as makerspaces).

As suspected, I'm not entirely sure I'll be using this tool for myself, at least not at the moment; while it's a great way to gather professional-level articles and videos, it's not an essential tool for me, in addition to all of the others that I use and the research I perform. However, if I'm able at some point to focus on a speciality task in my work, such as outreach, I would definitely consider using Scoop.it as a place to gather my information/inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment